Have you been involved in a motor vehicle accident involving a truck and not sure what to do? Did you know commercial trucks have unique ability to cause more harm to passenger vehicles and their occupants than most other vehicles on the road due to gross vehicle weight?
While car accidents can cause a lot of trauma, stress, frustration, and can result in anything from a minor fender bender to fatalities, when the accident involves a large and heavy commercial truck, the odds exponentially increase of serious injury. On average, a semi-truck can weigh 30,000 pounds empty, and upwards of 80,000 full loaded, whereas the average car weighs only 4,000 pounds. This can create a recipe for disaster on the roads.
Due to a truck’s heavy weight and large size in comparison to a normal passenger vehicle, trucks can cause serious damage, injury, and even death, when they are involved in an accident with a passenger vehicle. Trucks come in all shapes and sizes, and truck accidents occur with all types of vehicles that fit into this category, such as: semi-trucks, delivery trucks, construction vehicles (cement or dump trucks), garbage trucks, buses, and other commercial vehicles. Nearly 130,000 people are injured each year in vehicle accidents involving a truck. In majority of all accidents involving a semi-truck there is at least one fatality.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident in Indianapolis or Indiana an Indiana truck accident lawyer can help, given injuries are probably more serious in nature. Similar to a car accident, there are many concerns following an accident, starting with preserving evidence and vehicle repairs, all the way to losing one’s job and income earning ability due to being injured, or coping with the loss of a loved one. As with many other injury claims, the time to preserve your rights and interests starts on the day of the accident. In this difficult time of recovering and recouping from the accident, precious time is ticking.
Indianapolis truck accident lawyers can help you to cope with the after effects of a tragic or life-altering accident, including helping you to recover lost wages, costs associated with fixing or replacing your vehicle, medical bills, and compensation for your pain and suffering.
Insurance companies want to settle fast, before you get a lawyer. An Indianapolis truck accident lawyer can help you get the best settlement offer you can get, by considering the details of your case and your injuries, and helping you to understand the probable outcomes at court or at mediation and settlement or trial. An Indiana truck accident attorney can deal with the insurance companies for you, so you can focus on healing from the after effects of the accident.
Ciyou & Dixon, P.C. handles commercial truck accidents throughout the State.
Video: Learn More About Our Personal Injury Practice
Recent Personal Injury Blog Posts
- Indianapolis Personal Injury Lawyer
- Indiana Personal Injury Attorney
- Indiana Car Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Car Crash Lawyer
- Indiana Car Wreck Lawyer
- Indiana Auto Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Automobile Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Vehicle Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Truck Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Construction Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Dog Attack Attorney
- Indianapolis Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Indiana Wrongful Death Attorney
- Indianapolis Head Injury Attorney
- Indianapolis Brain Injury Attorney
- Indianapolis Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
- Indianapolis Whiplash Injury Attorney
- Indianapolis Serious Injury Lawyer
- Indianapolis Premises Liability Lawyer
- Indianapolis Slip and Fall Liability Lawyer
- Indiana Elder Law Attorney
- Indiana Nursing Home Negligence Attorney
- Helpful Links