What recourse do I have if I have suffered an injury as a pedestrian, such as being struck by a motor vehicle?
Be it in a big city or a rural road, pedestrians are part of our transportation system; and they are often in greater danger than others due to their vulnerability (they are not “wrapped” in a motor vehicle). The general and effective “legal” rule of the road is that pedestrians have the right of way. This is because of effectively the extra-duty placed on a driver of multi-thousand pound vehicle to take all steps to avoiding striking a pedestrian, where the injuries are likely to be severe and lasting—if the pedestrian is not killed.
Injuries often can include broken bones, spinal cord injury, brain injury, and even mental health injuries. Even by following the proper rules, an ill considered turn while a pedestrian is in a cross walk or going through a light that is turning yellow to red can have devastating or even fatal consequences to a pedestrian, again even if the person is not speeding or otherwise technically violating the law.
These are the considerations a pedestrian injury lawyer takes such care to navigate. With the popularity and infiltration of texting and telephone calls on the go through cell phones, there are more distractions that ever on the road now. A driver who is not focused solely on the road and following proper traffic laws, who injures a pedestrian, may cause traumatic damage to that person and his/her family. He or she is likely civilly liable and may face criminal charges as well.
If you are a pedestrian that has been injured by being struck by a motor vehicle or otherwise, or the family member of an injured victim, you should act quickly; and meeting with a pedestrian accident attorney is the place to start. Failure to do so may result in your loss or impairment of a claim. A pedestrian accident lawyer knows your rights and will fight for same, whether against a person, entity, or insurance company.
If you have suffered a pedestrian accident injury, it is likely that your life has changed in an instant and dramatic way, and the medical bills are piling up while your ability to work may be greatly hindered. Do not become so overwhelmed you do not know what to do. Contact a pedestrian injury lawyer quickly to be on your side. Ciyou & Dixon, P.C. attorneys may be your pedestrian accident attorney. We handle cases throughout the State.
Video: Learn More About Our Personal Injury Practice
Recent Personal Injury Blog Posts
- Indianapolis Personal Injury Lawyer
- Indiana Personal Injury Attorney
- Indiana Car Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Car Crash Lawyer
- Indiana Car Wreck Lawyer
- Indiana Auto Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Automobile Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Vehicle Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Truck Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Construction Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Dog Attack Attorney
- Indianapolis Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Indiana Wrongful Death Attorney
- Indianapolis Head Injury Attorney
- Indianapolis Brain Injury Attorney
- Indianapolis Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
- Indianapolis Whiplash Injury Attorney
- Indianapolis Serious Injury Lawyer
- Indianapolis Premises Liability Lawyer
- Indianapolis Slip and Fall Liability Lawyer
- Indiana Elder Law Attorney
- Indiana Nursing Home Negligence Attorney
- Helpful Links