I have been involved in a motorcycle accident Indiana, and am severely injured. What can I do? Do I need a motorcycle accident lawyer?
Much like other motor vehicle accidents, there are several common steps you can take if you are the victim of a motorcycle accident to protect your legal rights and maximize recovery for negligence. On the other hand, motorcycle accident lawyers know everything about a motorcycle owner and rider is different – from culture (i.e., hyper-attention to safety) to low vehicle gross weight than all other motor vehicle accidents.
For example, like an ordinary auto accident, call the police and be sure to exchange complete insurance information with all others involved, including getting the names and contact information for witnesses. Or do this as soon as possible after the fact if you are unable to do so at the time of the accident because of your injuries; an Indianapolis motorcycle accident attorney will want and need this as soon as possible to develop a strong case.
Unfortunately, with vehicle-to-motorcycle accidents, the motorcycle rider is often seriously injured, such as when a driver changes lanes into a motorcycle driver. This may cause the rider to be ejected from the motorcycle and be stuck by another car or strike some other object from the force involved. This is well known to doctors and motorcycle accident attorneys.
Further, in Indiana, there are additional or parallel laws and/or legal considerations for motorcycles, and consulting with a knowledgeable motorcycle accident lawyers may help you better preserve your rights in the unfortunate scenario of an accident. Injuries from a motorcycle accident can often be more serious than a car accident or even fatal, and knowing your rights can help maximize recovery for your injuries and account for future costs associated with the accident.
For example, Indiana laws are specific about safety and other requirements. A person under the age of 18 riding or driving a motorcycle must wear proper protecting headgear and goggles according to Indiana law. Failure to do so may create not only unsafe conditions, but might cause problems legally if an accident was to occur – legal problems (known as comparative fault) that a motorcycle accident attorney may need to assist you with.
Motorcycle accident lawyers are familiar with the specific laws for both personal injury and motorcycle travel and the unique dynamics with motorcycles, accidents, and injury, and can help determine whether you may have a potential case and the value of the case if comparative fault is at issue.
Video: Learn More About Our Personal Injury Practice
Recent Personal Injury Blog Posts
- Indianapolis Personal Injury Lawyer
- Indiana Personal Injury Attorney
- Indiana Car Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Car Crash Lawyer
- Indiana Car Wreck Lawyer
- Indiana Auto Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Automobile Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Vehicle Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Truck Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Construction Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Indiana Dog Attack Attorney
- Indianapolis Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Indiana Wrongful Death Attorney
- Indianapolis Head Injury Attorney
- Indianapolis Brain Injury Attorney
- Indianapolis Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
- Indianapolis Whiplash Injury Attorney
- Indianapolis Serious Injury Lawyer
- Indianapolis Premises Liability Lawyer
- Indianapolis Slip and Fall Liability Lawyer
- Indiana Elder Law Attorney
- Indiana Nursing Home Negligence Attorney
- Helpful Links