As Indianapolis divorce attorneys, Ciyou & Dixon, P.C., sees divorce as more than a legal transaction. In fact, research backs up our observations–it is one of life’s greatest stressors. An acrimonious divorce can, and often does, cause psychological and physical health issues.
While we cannot solve these, we have observed five little life changes that our clients manage this stress, and other life stressors, to get through this difficult time. We hope these may help you:
- Get adequate sleep, eat healthy and exercise.
- Identify something each day, everyday that you look forward to and gives you meaning and purpose.
- Make short-and long-term goals for the time during the divorce and afterward.
- Do things and interact with your friends, as this will put life in perspective–we all have issues and recognition of this fact does a lot to remove isolation and feeling of being alone and despair.
- Don’t ask why the marriage failed or what could have been done differently–a lifetime of insight may not reveal this answer.
In fact, once the divorce is finalized and over, these same steps help manage the day-to-day stressors we all face. The only exception is reflecting upon the root causes of the break up of the marriage. This may have a place in the healing process later in time and help with all other life relationships.
Ciyou & Dixon, P.C. advocates take a holistic approach to Indianapolis divorce cases and are available to consult with you. We practice throughout the State of Indiana.